Forbes magazine's annual list of billionaires worldwide has 4 indians in TOP 10 position. They are Lakshmi Mittal, Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani, KP Singh at 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th position. Its really a great news. I don’t know why no Indian channel or portals (rediff, hindu , timesofindia) has published this news. Or they are just too late in publishing breaking news!
So now we can say India is TRULY a poor country with very few rich persons.
Here is the top 10 list.
1. Warren Buffett, U.S., $62 billion (investment/Berkshire Hathaway)
2. Carlos Slim Helu, Mexico, $60 billion (telecom, banking, tobacco)
3. Bill Gates, U.S., $58 billion (Microsoft)
4. Lakshmi Mittal, India, $45 billion (steel)
5. Mukesh Ambani, India, $43 billion (petrochemicals)
6. Anil Ambani, India, $42 billion (energy)
7. Ingvar Kamprad, Sweden, $31 billion (Ikea)
8. K.P. Singh, India, $30 billion (real estate)
9. Oleg Deripaska, Russia, $28 billion (aluminum)
10. Karl Albrecht, Germany, $27 billion (retail)
Last year Mittal was the only Indian who was at rank 5!!!!!!!!